Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Have you seen what Bob Mills, MP of Red Deer South has been doing??

Ok I seen something in the Calgary Herald the other day about some Conservative Members of Parliament. Some of them have been MIA.

Now I must admit I am not that politcally minded, I tend to be highly opinionated when it comes to alot of things within our society. For instance, people are complaining about having to pay for school fees and some medical services but if we were to introduce some higher taxes we might have the money to fund the basics of our society.

However this article got me thinking, what exactly does Bob Mills do?? I honestly can't think of when he was in Innisfail campaigning for the election and taking on Kelly Bickford in a debate (although Kelly was a class mate of mine it would have been good to see the both of them go at it, maybe it would have tired her out and I wouldn't have to sit through a 3 hour lecture of hers instead of the prof, but right now that is besides the point). Anyways, today I find it rather ironic that I open up the Innisfail Province and find out what exactly Bob Mills, MP of Red Deer South is up to these days. He's spending the summer in Europe. Wow I wish that I could! Really, I have a wedding that I need to be at in three weeks, I wonder if I can get tax payers to fund part of my vacation. Ironically enough he was in Sweden. Damn, that's just where I need to be.

So according to Bob Mills this is what he's been up to (just for my reference and for the person who wrote the article in the Calgary Herald on Sunday)
-He has an offical role (NOT SPECIFIED)as Canada's representative to the Seventh Conference of the Arctic in Kiruna, Sweden. (oooohhhhh so Stevey boy is taking this whole arctic sovereignty issue seriously!)
-Then he notes that since he was in Europe, him and his wife should take a vacation to Spain. He takes the time to also note that they paid for this part themselves!! (I could just imagine him on a cheap Ryanair flight to the south of Spain can you?? Do you detect a sense of sarcasm here?? Please tell me you do!) He then goes on to say that while they were in Spain they went to visit garbage facilities. WHAT???? WHAT???? WHAT??? OH MY GOD!!!! YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

He had to go to Spain to see that? If anyone out there watches the CBC and I know you do, you'll know that back around April sometime (around Earth Day if I remember correctly) videographer Stefan Randstrom examined the exact same thing. And I betcha that it didn't cost as much as Mr. Mills trip to Spain. In Sweden they drive on dead cows, something we have alot of here in good old Alberta. Grrr, why can't we get some normal people to become politicians???

Oh and Mr. Mills I hope you took the opportunity to work on your tan on your trip to Spain!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi honey. I can see you are not too impressed with old Bobby. I agree with you although I wouldn't mid going to Spain. Love you

Max

Michelle said...

i've never agreed with bobby!
I would love to go to Spain, when we have the money!