Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Ok something has got to be said!

Ok I am not one to make comments about religion. I believe that it is a personal conviction and it is something that should not be forced upon other people. Here in Canada we do have a separation of church and state, and I think that alot of us here in Canada enjoy and respect this. However, it seems as though many in this country do not respect this and try to force the issue.

With that said brings me to this point: I am getting sick and tired of people freaking out over those cartoons! Two publications in Calgary are currently underfire for publishing them. It is to the point that some groups are harassing the Calgary Police Service to press hate crime charges.

It's not like I am going to call the police over an incident that happened to me in high school. According to their reasoning, I could have had my 10th grade english teacher arrested for harrassment charges for telling me that I was going to burn in hell because I refused to do the required reading, a book entitled the Chrysalids ( spell check?). Ironically enough when I see that teacher today I still get told that I am not worth that much and that I am going to hell in a hand basket.

I am not a person of deep religious conviction, I don't think that I ever will be because I think that organized religion is a hoax. Therefore it annoys me when I meet people who are sweet and caring, and fun people to be around, and then they make it their crusade to convert me. FORGET IT! IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

To those that have been insulted with these cartoons, remember that they are what they are, just a cartoon. It's not a statement that you should be ridiculed for who you are. You just happen to be in the same boat as the rest of us!

No comments: