Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Personality

We were discussing personality yesterday in my Personality class (wow what a concept!) anyways we were discussing how environment plays a part in determining personality. So my professor, who I am not too sure I like because a) he's not a regular staff member (not even a U of C prof!) b)he's firmly entrenched in religion and he reminds us of that all the time and c) he's American! I know I know, but the thing is I have had lots of teachers that were originally from the states but they were not as bad as this guy. My old band director is from the same area he is, and my old band director is the sweetest thing you will ever meet. In fact I am pretty sure that they graduated from the same University! This prof talks like UCLA is the next best thing to sliced bread.

So anyways back to yesterdays discussion about how environment can help play a part in determining personality and the prof used two examples, the one I really really liked. He used Sebastian Bach. The guy had something like 21 kids between 2 wives. A good percentage of them became composers or musicians. Ok that's a pretty good case I like that example. One would think that would be suffice, oh no not him, he searches for yet another example so he uses.... get this..... George W. Bush! Ummmmm yeah those who know me know that I have a problem with this, anyone with half a brain would know that this example right here is the lamest one ever. I wonder if I should drop this course now and get money back!

No comments: