Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I knew it, I KNEW IT!!

Well I think that the writing was on the wall for the last few weeks, Steven Harper eeked out a win, but he got a majority. I think that anyone with half a brain in this nation was breathing a sigh of relief and shaking their heads thinking damn there are alot of dumb people that live here! This is the one and only time you'll ever hear me refer to Steven Harper as Prime Minister. Fuck head sounds more approprate. So let me list the things that I am going to miss now that Fuck Head is in power:
My right to choose
The gay tax base
A government with a surplus
A government working towards eliminating the deficit
Working for the public service
Living in a nation called Canada
Not living in a nation called USA!
The absence of daily prayer in school
The joy of beer and popcorn
The joy of watching a gay wedding
The joy of watching a gay wedding and having a beer and some popcorn
The joy of watching a leader that doesn't look like he could be a very uuuuuuggggllllyyyyyy drag queen on the side
Access to universal public health care
Freedom of speech

Oh my I could go on! I will admit this is sad times for Canada but then again it should be no time at all and well will be back in election mode and maybe just maybe there might be a shake up and the NDP will have a minority government with some greens thrown into the mix.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It for this purpose that I remain opposed to any organized religion. On the other hand if any one wants to start a cult and use me as an icon... please be my guest!