Monday, March 06, 2006

The MRI experience

Wow! Interesting and freakin scary! You learn in school that these machines are capable of all sorts of things, awesome imaging, and that anythng metal will get caught up in the magnetic field. So I get in there and I took great care to make sure that I didn't have any metal on me. About 5 minutes in I remember that I forgot to take out an earring. So I am lying there with my funky gown with my fat ass hanging out, the funky surgical cap, and my headphones on with the radio and all I can think about are three things:

1) I hope like hell that my ear doesn't get ripped off
2) I hope that I don't have an immediate urge to go to the bathroom
3) I hope that my feet don't fall asleep because I'd have to wiggle my toes to wake them up and I can't move my lower body or it would screw everything up.

So now I wait for a week for the results. I can't wait to find out.

No comments: