Thursday, October 28, 2004

Okay you know you live in a rural area when...

Okay I am driving to school when I hear over the radio that there is a detour on the route that I am taking to school. Okay so I am thinking that some idiot out there got into an accident because he was driving too fast, it happens a lot around here, especially when people do not drive for the weather conditions, I swear it is a gene that is only found in red-blooded Albertans!!! And maybe the few exceptions are those from Saskatchewan!! So anyways I am on the highway and I have no idea where abouts this road closure is because the girl on the radio isn't too bright about describing where exactly this traffic issue is. As it turns out some truck driver lost his load of hay bales. That's right people there was hay every where on the highway.
This has made my morning because as it happens,my father-in-law-to-be Erland says that I lead a rusticated life, that in my time in Sweden he hoped that he would have been able to put an element of sophistication in my life, but apparently was completely unsuccessful.

2 comments:

Perkeleellinen said...

Michelle,
You have a blog too! Wow, I feel left out. Anyway I just wanted to say 'rusticated life' is such a great term! Keep writing.

Michelle said...

It's Max dad that came up with that!