Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Rolling right along with things!!

So here's the developments up until now, today Mom and I went to Calgary to get our passport done, no time like the present. We left around 6:15 this morning and hit absolute gridlock at Airport Trail. I was in complete and total shock to see that much gridlock on the Deerfoot. Not to mention taking Memorial Drive to 4th Ave. Wow I think that I need to get out more. We get downtown and the parking lot that I usually use when I take people down the passport office (becuase I do do it quite often) is now a big huge hole in the ground. So mom and I were basically stuck plunking quarters into a meter! We get into the building and there are already 40 people ahead of us, some who have been there since 6 this morning!! But all said and done, Mom and I were out of Calgary and back home by around 11:30! We can't complain. A friend of ours when sometime after Christmas in that huge rush and had to wait over 4 hours.

So when we get home I take a turn for the worse. I have been feeling a bit sick the last few days and it seems like today it caught up with me. So seems I do have the time I decided to lay down. Well it's like I slept the enitre day away. I wake up and Max says that I missed a whole host of phone calls, alot of them bearing some good news.

Max got a phone call from the immigration consultant that we hired. They were phoning to reconfirm our address, becuase they have his work visa!!!! YAY!!! We also got a phone call from the car dealership... Max's car has arrived, we don't get it just yet, it has to go in for scotchguarding and undercoating first. At least tomorrow I can go and get the paperwork finished up, get the registration and insurance so that by the time that we do get the car that we can just take the keys and go for a spin!!

The only phone call that I got was in regards to some GST thing. GRRR!

But now it's back to bed. UGGGHHHHH

No comments: