Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Quit beating on the dead horse already!!!

Brief warning, this may turn into a very long long rant!!

Ok, once upon a time ago I became friends with a guy. Someone who was new to town and didn't know anybody besides those who he worked with. I befriended him, well because he was a nice guy, fun to hang out with and well it was nice to have a friend in town, because most of mine from school were in Red Deer. We spent alot of time together, we even went on a trip together because he had never travelled before and thought that he might never have the chance again because he would get to caught up in his career, family etc. He also came with alot of baggage, most of which he never discussed with me, I still think that to this day he didn't trust me, which still to this day hurts. (oh my god what a huge run on sentance) Anyways thing were going good. His "adopted" family loved me because I brought him out of his shell.

So anyways about 5 years ago, our friendship came to a screetching halt. Someone, who is best described as something else (slanderous!!), started to turn him against me. How? Stockholm Syndrome I guess... Anyways, her daughter also got into the mix, and then her son. Totally screwed up! The next thing I know, the guy who I knew detested smoking, has got a two pack a day habit. And his attitude is totally different and the guy who was opening up to me is now shutting me out. His "adopted" family also bear the brunt of this as well. They are so upset and they have no choice but to kick him out. So he turns to his new "friends". They welcome him with open arms because this is exactly what they wanted. This broke my heart. Betrayal is something that I don't deal with very well, because of this I decided that I would break what ties that I could with him to spare myself, because to me there was no way to save him.

Over a year later, my dad unexpectedly passes away. Not that I expect much, but I would hope to get a phone call right?? Well I got one, three days later. I've still got a theory on that one as well. Right around that time, he quits his job after nearly 5 years of service because he was overlooked for a promotion. Truth be told, he didn't deserve it. He was no longer putting in the effort, that he once did. His friend was also asked to leave a short time later, for reasons I am not going to divulge here. I left for Europe and came back 4 months later for Christmas holiday to a whole host of rumblings about my friend, one of which saddened me. He was in debt to a sum of well over $100,000! Extortion was running through my head the entire time. Not only that but his beloved truck was left in ruins by her son.

But still to this day her daughter, who I run into very often in the this small small town, still likes to rub what salt she can into my old wounds. Like last night when I encountered her. She knows about my new job, and I think that that gets to her. (oops sorry!) Anyways, her dig last night was that he's moving back to the way he used to be. Very quiet, kept to himself, stays up all night watching tv and sleeping all day. She tells me that he hardly goes out anymore and that I should be the one to get him out more. HUH??? EXCUSE ME????

I am baffled. I am stumped. I am absolutely astounded.

Don't get me wrong... I would love to see this person happy with his life. But when a person makes a choice and can't deal with the consequences of that choice, I am afraid that I can't help them.

It's these kinds of encounters (and I have had many of them now) that totally piss me off! She helped to the make the fucken bed, but why is that I have to lie in it????

Enough said... rant over!

No comments: