Monday, January 01, 2007

Ah 2007!

Hope your new years was fun! Mine consisted of eating a substantially large brunch prepared by my beloved mother. Going out to my mother's best friend's house (who's the closest thing to an aunt/grandmother I will ever find, because she's always been there for me, or usually has an opinion for me or, a good piece of advice or encouragement for me!

I brought along one of my dearest friends of over a decade now (jeesh. we're getting old now!). We reminiced (i'm a little hung over and right now I don't give a shit about spelling!) about old Co-op times, trust me... there are many! That... and things don't change a whole hellva lot around there either. Which is nice and ass backward at the same time! But I think that she had fun just learning how to play Texas Hold'em. No matter how hard she tried to go out, she just kept on winning. She won the whole shebang!

So here's to the promise of a new year. There are alot of things in store for myself and Max. This could be interesting, either trying to get Max to pick a paint color or watching Max paint a wall.

Things that could prove interesing in 2007:
- My job
- Moving out of my mother's house
- Buying a house (especially one which isn't on oak overload!)
- Fixing up the house (trust me there isn't one house out there where there isn't one thing that I would like to change!)
- Max getting his permanent residence visa (only 6 more months to go!)
- Max getting a job
- Max getting a car
- Buying a puppy (this is the precursor to having children... if Max and I can take care of a puppy without any major trips to the vet... I CAN FINALLY GO OFF THE PILL!)
- Buying furniture for our house. I have already come to the determination that we are going to need a king size bed... that and I was sort of hogged out of the bed at 7:00 this morning. Not good! Oh and that home theatre thing... he he he he he... it will be mine!

Oh shit... I think that I need to go back to bed!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy New Year!
Sounds like you guys had fun, Aaron was working this weekend or else we probably would've been at Auntie Arlene's with the other family.
Are you looking at buying a house in Saskatoon?

Michelle said...

No! Not that I know of!!

We're going to wait and see where Max gets a job first. If he gets one in Red Deer then we will look in Red Deer, Penhold, and Innisfail.

If he gets one in Calgary then we will look at houses in Olds, Didsbury, or Carstairs!