Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Oh man! Get me home!!

I am in the homestretch now!!! I only have 4 days left!!! I will be back in my own bed!!!!!!!!!!

Another reason why I want to go home is because my dear old puppy dog is old and sick. My cousin insisted that my mother take him to the vet before she comes to take care of him for one night. So as a result, we have a $200 vet bill and the knowledge that he's got cancer, a dislocated shoulder, arthritis, and infected tonsils. Now you're probably thinking oh my god put the poor thing out his misery!! He's gotta be suffering! The thing is he isn't!! He still struts around the house, he still likes to go out side when it's cold!! He's happiest when he all snuggled up with someone! I can't wait to get home to see him. I know he will meet his fate soon, it's just a matter of time, he's 16. But I want to be able to make him happy for the time that he has left.

There is only one thing that remains in my mind... where do I get him creamated?

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Our vet arranged our cats' cremation for us, so I'd imagine your vet could do the same. Although I'm not 100% sure if a small town would have something like that, Red Deer would.
It's so hard to let a pet go, we did everything we could for Shelby and when we brought her home from the vets after a week of being ill, she curled up in her favourite spot in my room and passed away within 20 minutes of being home.

Michelle said...

Wow!

Apparently from talking to mom, things are going as well as can be expected. He's still my happy old dog. As long as that doesn't change I'm good to go!

Russ Hillis said...

Your gonna cremate him, back in the old days the family dog became the rose bush.

(No I'm not kidding!)

Michelle said...

I wanna creamate him so that we can put his ashes up on the mantle with my dad's!!