Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's an instinct and it's kickin in!

I spent the day yesterday with one of my old university friends. We bonded over our love of the good old rock and roll. She just had a baby about three weeks ago and I finally got a chance to see her and meet her new little arrival. Oh my gosh! All I could think is that I want one! So far out of our little group of friends... I am the only one who isn't even substantially close to such a prospect. We got chit chatting over some Booster Juice about some of our former classmates. One girl who got pregnant about two years into her degree is now finished and is one hellva devoted mom! I just spent over an hour checking out her blog. She makes the most beautiful clothing... oh my! I think I just found my niece her birthday present (her mom is going to love it!!). My other girlfriend just found out that she is pregnant, she's in law school and is undoubtibly the most ambitious girl I've ever met. She's 23 and is planning on returning to school in the fall and giving birth sometime in that time frame!!! An intervention might be needed. She's crazy!! And then there is me. The most unlikely career oriented person in the group!! Two years I keep telling myself. I wanna get pregnant before I am 30!

To all the mamma's with babes, I envy you all! I can't wait to be a mamma! I am so happy to have a group of friends who take motherhood seriously! I can't wait to join the club... even if I am a few years late!

No comments: