Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I am going to try a little experiment!

I think that I am going at this an old fashioned way, but then again most of the people who represent us in government are pretty much old fashioned middle aged men (sorry that I sound like a feminist, but is sort of true, you have to admit it!) I am going to start a letter writing campaign. I would love to see an immigration policy that emphasizes the reunification of spouses. I am frustrated with the way that the system operates. We started getting this stuff together almost a year ago and we still haven't even gotten everything required to even consider sending the application in. My husband is not a criminal, yes he has lived in alot of places and been to alot of countries but that shouldn't make him suspect to criminal activity. He is highly educated, hell he's bilingual for crying out loud. He wants to come to this country not only because he's married to someone who is a citizen here, but because he knows this is a good country to live in, and that this is a country whereby he can achieve his goals and create a good life for himself and his future family.

Mr. Harper, our immigration system needs a critical overhaul. It shouldn't take more than 10 months to get an RCMP criminal record check. For someone who has twice previously been given student visas to study in this country and now wants to call this beloved country home, it is hard to not to feel disappointed, outraged, and highly frustrated. It is obvious that widening the tax base is not one of your priorities!! Think about it, the more taxes you can collect the more money you can give back to families for wasteful tax credits.

Immigration is our only hope in sustaining the growth of this country. We have such potenital and it seems that denying entry to those who would like to enter is going to be detrimental to this country's future. I would hate for my children to have to experience the frustration that I have, and I would also hate to see my children have to move to a different country should they decide to marry someone who is not Canadian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they just don't have any other thing to do than to make someone's life a living hell..typicall government people.. yea, Ihave my own experience with stupid people that calls themselves government!!
/your Best Friend :) Lanny

Michelle said...

Thanx Lanny