Friday, May 05, 2006

Can't say that I didn't try!

So it has come to my attention that they are looking for a Manager for the coffee shop in the local Co-op. It sounds really interesting, I mean I fell in love with the whole cafe lifestyle in Sweden. It's something that I have thought about doing on my own, and I guess that this is an opportunity to see if I would actually like doing something like this.

So this morning, after laying in bed and thinking about it for over an hour I decided to get up and get dressed and hand in my resume. The worst that can happen is that either I say no (not enough money) or they say no (because I want too much money). So I get there and the lady in the administration office makes me fill out an application form (ha ha ha, I worked there for over 5 years and they want me to fill out an application form??) so as it turns out, the HR lady is across the street and they call my old manager! I think that this is pretty funny because the guy is one of my references on my resume!! So he's standing there dumbfounded, he doesn't know what questions to ask me, because he knows me and he knows what experience I have had and knows that I can be trusted (hell I used to run the whole grocery on the weekends!!)

So he said that he would give me a call at the beginning of the week. I guess that I am going to have to wait and see. I hope that I get it, because it would mean that I wouldn't have to drive so far for work, I get to work at place that I am familiar with and I get to try something that I think would be a great starting point for opening my own business.

No comments: