Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crikey! That's the way I want to go!

I was a bit surpised yesterday morning when Max called to give me a wake up call and told me that Steve Irwin had died. Conversation went something like this:

Max: Have you seen the news this morning?
Me: Ah no, I'm still in bed, why?
Max: You're not going to believe this.
Me: What?
Max: Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray.
Me: What? You're kidding me? I always thought that he would get taken out by a croc but I guess this is the next best thing eh. But then again I betcha he was doing something that he loved.
Max: Yeah.
Me: That would be about the only way to go. Doing something that you love. Or in your sleep.




So here's one for Steve Irwin. Going while doing something that you love. I seriously thought that you were crazy but was always so enthusiastic about what you were doing, and let me tell ya that there aren't alot of people in this world who are doing something that makes them enthusiastic about the world around them. It's a sad loss for that very simple reason.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You should see the American coverage! I can't believe it myself! Wow!

P.S. How ya doin rachy, any word on your release??