Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Last day of classes at RDC!

Oh my gosh, here I am some eight years later and this is my final day of classes. I am so nervous and keyed up right now because I haven't slept in something like 3 or 4 days now, I've lost track, becuase of stuff related to school. All sorts of stuff has been going on, I have had to readjust my schedule at U of C because the decided to cancel one of the courses that I had signed up for. Not to worry though as it turns out I was able to readjust my schedule so that I can start work at a different department two months earlier than I had anticipated. Which is awesome. I have finished writing 4 papers within the last five days which is pretty remarkable, for me. I still have one paper left to write right now and I am rather stressed out because I came to school with the intention of going to one of my classes and it was cancelled, oops missed too many of them!! So now I am thinking shit I could have been spending this time working on this paper that I still have due but instead I am stuck here at school, killing time and getting more and more nervous about my final presentation in my Sociology of development course!!

I had to have a little giggle to myself though. Here I am, this is my last day of classes and I am just as nervous now and I was my first day here. I don't know if I have come full circle on this one yet. I don't know if I really want to leave here and grow up (so to speak). I think that is why I am considering coming back and getting a two year add-on for a Bachelors in Social Work.

I am prepared however to celebrate, after all I have put in a rather decent effort to achieve this. I am still the only person in my family who has gone to university and has gotten a degree. That's a pretty big achievement. It's a pretty big achievement for someone who was told in the first grade by her teacher that I wouldn't amount to a whole lot.

And so now I wait...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that damm Old teacher ;( how dare!! if I could turn the time back, honey, I sure will slap her and her big mamma's mouth and drown her 7 times till she'll be clean and apologize to you!! biatch!! no one, i said NO ONE sister..could evvva..say so to ma bitch..you go sister michii..kick some ass!! hihihih...

Michelle said...

thanks lanny!