Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holidays are coming closer!

YAY!!! Well I only have a day and a half of arrest and control, a few hours in the classroom and I am headed back to my beloved Alberta. I am hoping that I can get over this dry air phenomenon going on here. It's doing strange things to me. The skin on my hands has that look that I had in the third grade when I was having an allergic reaction to sulfa drugs. Not only that but I have developed a funky rash on my left arm. No amount of lotion will touch it. And to top it all off, I've got a funky dry eye thing going on as well!

I am looking forward to a 10 days holiday, just wish that I was going somewhere interesting like Mexico or the Dominican, that would be nice, except one thing, I don't handle heat very well!

So now I contemplate on how I am going to fit all this stuff into my car. Not to mention my husband as well! I am just happy that the SGEU has decided that they should keep negotiating a new contract and keep highway maintenance services going. I don't want to have to repeat the last time I drove out here!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

One of my clients is going to Florida for the holidays with her family. Her parents, aunt, uncle, cousins...I thought it sounded awesome! Maybe next year we'll go somewhere warm.
Is Saskatchewan typically colder than Alberta or is it just flatter?

Michelle said...

Saskatchewan is much flatter. You could watch your dog run away from you for at least 2 days in some places. As for Saskatchewan being colder, sometimes yes other times no. When we were out on the firing range for firearms training it was -30 one day and back in Alberta I think it was -5!