Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Tim Hortons Phenomenon!

I haven't been to the Tim Horton's in Innnisfail for ages, and I now remember why!

I went to Tim Hortons yesterday morning because I was headed into Red Deer yesterday morning for a CPR/First Aid course. Now when I was going to school in Red Deer a habit had formed. Before I even left town I bought an English Toffee cappuccino. Usually when I go through it was without much trouble. Yesterday morning however was a different story.

Virtually every one that I have talked to knows or knows of the Tim Horton rules of conduct. Unfortunately, however, the lady that was in front of me is not nearly enlightened. First of all she gave a rather complicated coffee order, AND THEN she had to order a bagel! Everyone knows you don't order food! Doughnuts and muffins yes, anything else food like is a major no-no!! By this time I was not the last person in line! There were five people behind me! So now to the window to pay. The woman used not one but two debit cards, now unless Tim Hortons has gotten one of those highspeed connections this easily adds about 45 seconds to any transaction. But two debit cards??? This is why I carry cash! I know how much my tansaction is going to cost because I have ordered it so many times before.

So off to Red Deer. The place where I was taking my course was just off 67th Street which was fine by me, easy to find!! However, you have to pass easily the busiest Tim Hortons in all of Canada!! The morning before it was nuts but yesterday morning I was easily able to breeze by! I got to class about 20 minutes eariler than I thought I would be for the simple fact I was driving at about 135km/hr because I was keeping up with the flow of traffic. So this gave me a chance to review the stuff from yesterday. I got my CPR and First Aid!! Now for my pre-employment medical!! UGH, this means blood work right?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Chicken shit!