Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Reminicing!

Monday Tara came into the store and told me that one of my neighbours from the "old neighbourhood" had passed away. It kinda bummed me out because I had known that this gentleman had his fair share of health problems in the last few years, one of which was a stroke. Two of his grandchildren are my friends, Tyler, Vikki and I have known each other since I was about 4 or 5. Tyler was friends with my cousin Jed when he lived out in Wimborne, way back when!

I got a call this morning from Tyler, which was nice. I haven't talked to him in years... he's had two kids since then. This was the guy that I was pretty sure that I was going to marry him, and he was going to be a truck driver. This was when I was seven and we used to hang out behind his grandparents house kissing. Well part of that was right, we married different people but he did become a truck driver!!! He said that the first word that ever did come out of his mouth was truck! So we chatted for a few minutes and as it turns out he didn't know that dad had passed away three years ago. There are still a few people who don't know about that!!

No comments: