Tuesday, October 16, 2007

On the road again!

Well here I am on the road again. Luckily this time it's within the same province. I am still trying to figure out if that is a good thing or not. This time last year I was preparing for 3 months in Saskatoon, which could be basically summed up as "character building". This time I am in Edmonton for what would seem to be something like three weeks. There are some contrasting differences. One of which is that work is actually funding this, which is really really nice, second of which is that I could eat chinese food every night and it wouldn't make a difference because I get a decent amount for a meal allowance. The hotel.... ummm it's good and bad! At one point tonight I had eight... that's right EIGHT pillows on my bed, which made me feel like I was floating on a cloud, except for the fact that the mattresses are rock hard. There's some give to them but not a whole hellva lot!! How meeting up with the drunk/strung out prostitute in the elevator was a little scary. She was drunk because the elevator smelled like vodka and I am assuming she was strung out. But for being in the middle of city it's pretty quiet, I am surprised, however the only thing that is keeping me up is who ever is the room next to me because every once and a while someone is yelling profanities and someone else is coughing up a lung. Oh I wish I could sleep! I think I have to go to walmart tomorrow and get something.... be it some caffine pills or a new duvet!!

No comments: