Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness: Tim Hortons

Well I had a rather pleasant surprise this morning at Tim Hortons. I stop in Olds every morning on my way into work for little cup of something to get my day off and running, and some days that is all I seem to do is run because there have been mornings where my coffee is cold before I get to it, but I digress. Last Christmas I heard about this random act of kindness being passed around in the spirit of the season. You're waiting in line at the drive thru and low and behold when it is your turn to pay the person infront of you has paid your bill. I thought that it was an urban legend myself, I go everyday and yet never had a kind hearted stranger pay for my Extra Large English Toffee (yeah snicker all you want, I hear it all the time from the guys at work). The first time it happened to me was this past May in Airdrie when I was heading down to Lethbridge for a conference for work. It felt cool, so of course I paid for the guy behind me, hoping that it would continue on for the rest of the day!! Since that day it has happened a number of times in Olds on my way to work. But this morning was particularily nice because I have been sufferring from a mild migraine and didn't want to go into work because I felt so crappy!! It turned my what would be crappy day into a day that was rather productive!! And the nice thing in all of this is that he was a local business owner in his company car to boot!! So luckily I will be able to send a thank you card!! Not many people do it in this day and age, but in the world that I work in, you gotta commend a nice guy for doing something out of the ordinary.

PASS IT ON!!!

No comments: