Thursday, November 06, 2008

So happy I did it!!

It's a rare thing for me these days... taking a mental health day. Since taking on my most current position I really haven't had to, despite all the stress that inherently comes along with the job. But for some strange reason I decided to say fuck it!! I took a day. It was nice. Sleeping for a better part of the morning and then just hanging around the house which seems like I haven't done for ages, although I get a good dose of it every night but I think it's because I am decompressing from work (and really who doesn't right???) It was nice eventhough yesterday was nice too... I for some strange reason love grey days where it's on the cusp of snowing... I think it goes back to my year in Sweden except it wasn't on the cusp of snowing it was literally horizontally raining!

Not to mention I did my part as little Susie-homemaker and made a killer meal for me and the hubby. And I finally got all the dishes done... and the stove tackled!!

Well I think that I have prevented myself from going absolutely stir-crazy, some days I really wonder how this life I have chosen for myself is going to affect me in the end. I know that if it were not for my absolute morbid sense of humor it would have gotten to me way back in my training days (where I swear to god I was nearly on the cusp of a nervous break down (how else do you lose 10 pounds in two days??). I haven't had a serious panic attack in nearly four years, I've had some mild ones, you know just to keep me in check ;)

Looking forward to the next one!!!

No comments: