Thursday, August 02, 2007

Now this is more like it!!

I, for one, am the happiest clam of them all. It's finally cooled off! Working last weekend in the unbearable heat was an experience that I don't want to have to repeat too often. In fact I think I lost about 5 pounds in the four days that I worked last week!!

Nothing too new. Max and I go to the bank today to sign our lives away. It's got the both of us rather edgy. I didn't help matters much when I came home last night with some furniture quotes. "Do we really need a second dresser??" Ah yeah!! I think Max has somehow forgotten that we have outgrown our current closet and two dressers. It's one of those things that the furniture we will be getting will last us for about 10-15 years. It's money well spent, I don't imagine that our cars will last us that long, and we paid more for them!!!

But for now I think that I am going to head back to bed for a mid-morning nap, that way I will be refreshed for when we have to go to the bank and intital hundreds and thousands of papers, I wonder if anyone has yet to come up with a paper-less mortgage??

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I hear you loud and clear! We wanted to buy Alex a new bedroom suite to replace the cheapy white dressers from when the boys were babies and 'oh my gawd, it's so freaking expensive' !!! We thought we'd buy him a double bed, nightstand, headboard, mirror and double 6 drawer dresser and we were coming up with quotes for about $1500. He's 4...I don't think I'm ready to spend more on his furniture then I did my own. Lucky for me when we moved into our new house my parents bought 1/2 of Joey's bedroom suite as a housewarming present for him. They come up with practical yet awesome gifts!
Prices of things kind of takes the fun out of decorating a new house, don't you think?

Michelle said...

Well that and when your bank and developer start disagreeing, it'll get even nastier!!