Monday, February 09, 2009

Before I turn 30

This year is a big year in my life, at least I am going to make it that way.

I'M TURNING 30!!

Most people begrudgingly enter into this phase of their life as quietly as possible, I know of a family member that cried incessantly on her 30th.

Not me, I've come up with a novel way to celebrate my 30th year on planet earth.

As a previous post earlier suggests I am a huge music fan, make that a huge Matthew Good fan, I have been since the early nineties, but more so recently when I discovered that Hospital Music is a fantastic album, and has become a topic of discussion at work. I have been following his blog off and on for the last number of years, but more religiously since he has started a new album entitled "Vancouver". I missed out on the demos that he put on the blog, but I think that is what is going to make this release more exciting.

I am rambling so let me get to the point, with a new album coming out it would almost be guaranteed that he will be touring to support it. A posting on the blog Sunday night in reference to touring this vast landscape that 30 some odd million of us inhabit was made and got me thinking, actually I was up half the night thinking.

What if I tried to go to every show in Alberta??

So if he were to play say Grande Prairie, Fort Mac, Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary, Lethbridge, and Medicine Hat that would make 7 shows. Whoo hoo what a road trip!! I think that I just might have to rent a winnie to do it! If he just does Calgary and Edmonton, I'll throw in Saskatoon, it's only 6 hours away.

So that's it, that's what I want to cap off 30 years on this earth, I think it's a pretty cool idea.

I will finally get to see one of my favorite artists!!

No comments: